The Ignatian Volunteer Corps (IVC) provides mature men and women the opportunity to serve the needs of people who are poor, to work for a more just society, and to grow deeper in Christian faith by reflecting and praying in the Ignatian tradition.
- Service done with and for the materially poor.
- Reflection on the work/service experience with the poor.
- The life experience, wisdom, and skills of senior men and women.
- The leadership role of the laity to transform the world through justice, rooted in gospel values.
- The dignity and equality of all women and men regardless of race, age, education, economic deprivation, or social status.
- The search for the presence of God to be found in all things and the call to holiness extended to all women and men throughout life.
- Jesuit support, including opportunities for spiritual development in the Ignatian tradition.