- To join IVC in our mission and ministry first contact the Regional Director (RD) in your city area to discuss the IVC program and the needs of your organization.
- If IVC appears to be a good fit, the next step is to submit an application. The application provides IVC with details about your organization and its mission as well as the particular skills a volunteer will need. Our volunteers are wonderfully creative in coordinating projects at their service sites but they, like any employee you might have on staff, also need a job description which should include the duties and requirements expected of the volunteer and the person to whom the volunteer will report.
- Next, the RD will usually arrange a site visit to meet with you and/or other staff members. The better the RD understands your program and its needs, the easier it will be to place a qualified volunteer.
- Once there is a mutual agreement that your agency will become a partner organization (also known as a Service Site), you’ll be asked to sign a Memorandum of Understanding between IVC and your organization and then the RD will work to place a volunteer at your site. Most regions recruit heavily in the spring and summer and try to have volunteers placed by September, though some offer rolling admissions.
- The RD will usually suggest 2 or 3 sites to a new volunteer and it’s up to the volunteer to arrange a site visit/interview with you.
- After a volunteer has been placed at your site to the satisfaction of everyone involved, IVC will send an invoice for the annual Partnership Fee.
- Many of our volunteers stay with IVC and their service sites year after year. The RD will have a conversation with you and the volunteer in the Spring to determine if the volunteer will come back to your organization next year.