Director, IVC Baltimore
740 N Calvert St # 500
Baltimore MD 21202
Spiritual Director, IVC Baltimore
Apply to IVC Baltimore
At My Brother’s Keeper, Dick coaches a job-seeker through an online application form.
How to Apply to Join the IVC Service Corps in Baltimore!
New volunteers are placed year-round. Apply at any time! To learn more, please consider attending an IVC Baltimore Zoom Information Sessions (virtual) or contact the Region Director. Thank you for your interest!
STEP 1: Inquire
- Contact the Region Director, Nora Collins, by email or phone to inquire.
- Or, register and attend an IVC Baltimore Info. Session (in-person – or – virtual).
STEP 2: Discern & Apply
- Meet one-on-one with the Region Director to learn more.
- Discern if joining the IVC Service Corps in Baltimore, and a commitment to spirituality and service, is a good fit for you in retirement.
- Apply online at: IVC Baltimore Online Application Form.
- Interview with the Director. References will be contacted.
STEP 3: Agency Placement
- Discuss (after interview and acceptance) potential IVC Partner Agency placements with the Region Director.
- Visit selected IVC Partner Agencies and mutually discern if the match is appropriate.
- Placement with IVC Partner Agency. Review and discuss your new job description. Establish your regular volunteer schedule (one or two-days a week, September – June) with your agency.
- Complete a Safe Environment Training and criminal background check.
STEP 4: Orientation & Service Year
- Attend IVC Baltimore’s New Member Orientation in early September.
- Periodic check-ins are conducted by the IVC Region Director and the IVC Partner Agency to evaluate ongoing working relationship. Director visits IVC Service Corp Members at their IVC Partner Agency placement sites, annually.
- Commit to regular reflection and spiritual formation opportunities including:
- journaling on your volunteer experience
- a 3-day IVC Opening Retreat in September
- monthly 3-hour IVC Monthly Meetings throughout the year
- two all-day IVC Days of Reflection during Advent and Lent
- as appropriate, meeting with a spiritual reflector
You can also contact the Nora Collins, Director, to learn more about getting started at: 703-622-5876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.