Ignatian Volunteers are…Mature men and women, most aged 50 or better:
- With a generosity of spirit
- Who have a desire to make use of their gifts, talents, and experience in service to others
- Who feel drawn to serving people who are materially poor
Men and women who are:
- In good physical and psychological health and capable of assuming volunteer responsibilities
- Able to make a commitment of time (typically 2 days a week, 10 months a year)
- Financially stable
- Open to new challenges and personal growth
Women and Men who:
- Hope to make a difference in the world in which they live
- Want to give in response to the blessings and love that God has given them
- Are willing to reflect personally and in community in order to deepen understanding especially of the life and situation of people who are poor
- Are open to the experience of building community with fellow volunteers
While IVC is a national organization, the program is local. Volunteers live in their own homes and volunteer in their communities. If you live in or near an IVC region, we invite you to visit our region’s pages on this site to learn more about the program in your area.
If you don’t see your city or region highlighted, IVC has not yet reached your area. We ask that you Contact Us to tell us of your interest. We keep track of this information and use it to determine where we will expand the program.