Our partner agencies and IVC volunteers help feed, clothe, house, heal, comfort, educate and empower people with great potential and few resources. Here are people and opportunities waiting for you:
Community Center at Visitation Parish, Kensington
Teach adult GED prep and English as a Second Language, help with social services community development
Fresh Start Clinic – Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project, 718 Arch Street, Philadelphia
Help people below the poverty level deal with debt and bankruptcy issues. Conduct intake interviews and help with client communications and case management
Good Counsel Home, Riverside, NJ
Provide support, education, and life skills training for pregnant women choosing birth and raising their child
Habitat for Humanity, Philadelphia
Recruit and work with volunteers and prospective homeowners during house construction/rehab
Heart 2 Heart, NJ and PA locations
Provide pastoral ministries and pre-release preparation for prison inmates
Hopeworks ‘N Camden
Tutor/mentor Camden youth for GED, college entry and careers in web development and other IT fields
St. Anthony of Padua Paris, Camden
Oversee parish administration and office management, engage in parish social service programs
St. John’s Hospice, 1221 Race St, Philadelphia
Schedule, orient, support volunteers who help with meals; help with hospitality to homeless men.
The Aquinas Center, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 17th & Morris, Philadelphia
Supplemental Food Distribution – Work with Center Staff and Community Members to
• Identify food vendors
• Coordinate food purchasing
• Coordinate food receipt and storage
• Coordinate distribution
• Design/adapt and conduct workshop with families on basic urban gardening
• Order supplies and coordinate packing of garden-at-home kits (seedlings, seed packets, soil, watering can, and raised bed/container materials)
• Approve supporting materials (recipes, pest control tips, etc.) created by intern.
• Coordinate truck rental and packing of truck with materials.
• Coordinate delivery of kits to households and oversee volunteers who assist with delivery.
Commercial Kitchen Upgrades –
• Use Wharton report to select appliances and island
• Be on site for contracted electrical and plumbing installation
• Work with volunteers and intern to recruit workshop facilitators and prepare calendar of activities in newly renovated kitchen
• Assist with workshops: advertising, ingredient purchases, program evaluations, onsite hospitality